share this

Share This Search
Student Life

Student Life . Student Services . Registrar 

Registrar's Office

The Office of the Registrar is responsible for the following duties:

Transcript Requests

Transcripts may be requested via the link below. 


The cost of transcripts are as follows*:

Electronic (emailed): $10
USPS Mailed Domestic: $12.50
USPS Mailed International: $15.40
Rush Domestic: $42
Rush International: $68

*Please note that all transaction using a credit card are charged a 5% processing fee

Replacement Diplomas

Requests for replacement diplomas are requested through our third party ordering system Parchment Exchange . Replacement Diplomas are $50. 

ID Cards

Cleveland Institute of Art ID cards are issued through the Case Western Reserve University Access Services Department located in Tinkham Veale University Center on Case Western Reserve campus about a 5 minute walk from CIA. The first ID card is issued free-of-charge. Replacement IDs cost $25 each time the card must be replaced. For a replacement ID, students can go to the TINK at CWRU and bring a photo ID with them along with the $25 fee. If there are any issues while at Access Services please have them contact our office 216.421.7321. After the new ID has been obtained, please go to room 106 Facilities to get your building access put your new card. Additionally if you live in the dorms see Matt Smith, room 120 to get your dorm access added to your new card. 

Students withdrawing from the College are required to turn in their ID card to the Registrar's Office at the time of withdrawal. 

Change of Address or Name

Current students should complete the Change of Address or Change of Name form and return it to the Registrar’s Office. If changing your name, you also must bring a copy of your social security card or driver's license and the court order with your legal name change.

Alumni can update their name or address information by contacting the Alumni Office by phone at 216.421.7412 or email at


Veteran Affairs Education Benefits

Students who are eligible for VA education benefits need to provide the Certification of Eligibility (COE) to the Registrar's Office either in person (Suite 120) or to Refer to for benefit information and instructions on how to apply. The School Certifying Official will then submit enrollment certifications to the VA each semester the student is enrolled. This informs the VA who should receive benefits and the credits enrolled. From there, the VA can distribute funds.

Students who qualify for the Post 9/11 GI Bill (Chapter 33) will have the VA funds sent directly to CIA. Some Chapter 33 students will also qualify for Yellow Ribbon benefits. There is a yearly maximum set for Chapter 33 benefit amounts. For students who qualify for Yellow Ribbon, if the maximum Ch 33 amount is met, then Yellow Ribbon is calculated. Yellow Ribbon benefits are provided 50% through the school and 50% through the VA.

Students who qualify for Survivors' and Dependents' Education Assistance (Chapter 35) will have the VA funds sent directly to them monthly and should discuss payment options with Student Accounts ( The funds for Ch 35 are intended for tuition and fees and will be listed as a pre-liminary item on the Student Account Statement. No Ch 35 funds go directly to CIA. 

For questions, please contact the School Certifying Official at 


GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at

Registrar’s Office

Cleveland Institute of Art, Room 120
11610 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44106