Academics . For Teachers + Counselors . Overview
For Teachers + Counselors
Cleveland Institute of Art supports the work of teachers and counselors with programming that directly impacts the classroom and helps guide students who are making important decisions about their future.
Workshops, Intensives and Seminars for K-12 Educators
Enrich your studio practice, prepare your students for a career in the arts, or network and gain inspiration for your classroom. Throughout the year, Continuing Education at CIA offers multiple programs designed to give teachers an edge in the classroom and in their own studio. Take a look at these opportunities for you and your students:
- Teacher Workshops: A one-day cross-curricular intensive held in the spring and fall semesters, open to teachers of all subjects.
- Summer Teacher Residency: A ten-day program for visual arts educators to renew their studio practice and participate in professional development sessions.
- Scholastic Art & Writing Competition: This competition is a great way for students in grades 7-12 to win scholarships and national recognition for their art and writing, complete with an exhibition and ceremony hosted at CIA.
- Pre-College: A two- or four-week residency program for high school students to earn 3 college credits and experience life at a college of art and design.
- Preparatory classes for high school students: Multiple classes offered throughout the year to help students build their portfolios and refine their skills in 2D and 3D art.
- Life Drawing: Weekly pay-as-you-go sessions, as well as special educator and student-focused events.
For more information:
Director of Continuing Education + Community Outreach
216.421.7493 | Contact
Fall Teacher Workshops
Saturday, October 19
Reconnect with your artistic side and develop new techniques and perspectives that you can take back to the classroom. Earn CEU and graduate credit, network with other art educators, and enhance your skills in digital arts, craft, design, and fine arts.