Student Life . Housing . Dining
All residents who reside in the Uptown Residence Hall must sign up for a meal plan. If you live off campus, or are a resident of CIA's Euclid 115 apartments, you also may choose to sign up for a meal plan.
Leutner Commons is a dining hall on the Case Western Reserve University campus. Click here to see the newly designed space.
- Flexible seating configurations from intimate seating at small tables or booths to large group gatherings of 16 or more
- A new study area with single or group seating for 76 students off the main dining area
- New front entrance and atrium equipped with two electronic boards for campus and food service information
- Wireless connections throughout the premise
- First-floor restrooms
- Sustainable building using environmentally friendly materials, insulation and reuse of existing materials
- The Taqueria, which features authentic food from different regions of Mexico. Items include Conchinita Pibil (pork braised with achiote and citrus), albondigas (Mexican Meatballs), moles, caldos (soups) and a variety of taco preparations for both meat-lovers and vegetarians.
- Two sauté stations with a total of 20 gas burners that can feature risottos, pastas, stir-fry dishes, mussels cooked to order, Asian noodle bowls, customized soup preparations, and other innovative dishes that Bon Appetit chefs create daily.
- A 15-foot one-of-a-kind custom ice-less ‘cold top’ that changes the way salad and deli stations are presented. A heated ‘Eurocase’ displays home-style comfort foods, simply prepared vegetables, carved meats, slow smoked barbecue items, and other regional and ethnic specialties
Hours of Operation
- Monday - Friday: 7am-2pm and 5-8pm
- Saturday - Sunday: 10:30am-8pm
Meal plan rates for the 2017-18 school year are:
- Case cash starter package. $1300.00 in Case Cash per semester: $1325.00 per semester ($25.00 CWRU service fee makes up the additional $25.00).
- 5 meals a week in the dining hall with 150.00 in Case cash per semester: $1520.00 per semester
- 7 meal a week in the dining hall with $100.00 in Case cash per semester: $2140.00 per semester
- 10 meals a week in the dining hall with $250.00 in Case Cash per semester: $2896.00 per semester
Meal plans can be changed during the first week of a semester. After this time, changes cannot be made until the following semester. Meal plan changes can be made by filling out a form in the Student Life and Housing office located in the JMC.
CIA Identification Card
Your CIA identification card is a very powerful tool. You are required to carry it at all times for identification in the academic buildings. It also has many other uses. For instance, if you live in the residence hall, it serves as your outside door key. If you want a meal plan, it is your food ticket.
CWRU’s CaseOneCard, or CaseCash, is an option that allows you to add money from an existing checking account to your ID. It also is available with any meal plan in $100, $200, or $300 per semester denominations. CaseCash can be used at retail dining locations and retail shops in the University Circle area. In addition, it can be used like cash at the University bookstore, snack shops, and selected copy, vending, and laundry machines. You can carry a balance all four years you are at CIA and unused Case Cash carries over from year to year. Dollars can be added with a credit card at any time through the CaseCash website or by using cash-at-value transfer stations on campus.
View a list of the locations that accept CaseCash here.
Changing Your Meal Plan
You may make changes to your meal plan up until the end of the first week of each semester. After that week, you will be unable to make any changes until the following semester.
All changes go through the Director of Student Life and Housing.
For more information:
Director of Student Life + Housing
216.421.7495 | Contact