Apr 17, 2014
Design major gets zombie's reception at her former school
Mar 15, 2014 @ MOCA Cleveland in Cleveland, OH
CIA's Traveling Sketchbooks make a last stop at MOCA
Apr 16, 2014
CIA's 'focused workshop environment' paid off
Mar 28, 2014
Dinner by Design – Art of the Table, and a runway show
about 18 hours ago via Facebook
Explore the best works and latest ideas by students in our renowned Industrial Design, Interior Architecture, and Graphic Design programs at the 2014 Spring Design Show’s public opening at Museum of Contemporary Art Cleveland MOCA this Tuesday, Apr. 22 from 5-7pm. More info. at http://ow.ly/vVsGC.
Apr 15, 2014
Students win $11,000 in Dealer Tire art competition
Mar 28, 2014
The Accident: Recent Work by Nicky Nodjoumi
Apr 11, 2014
Romanian visiting artist brings new perspective to CIA
Apr 22, 2014
2014 Spring Illustration + Animation Show
Apr 15, 2014
4/17-19: Benicio Del Toro in Jimmy P, Hitchcock's To Catch A Thief & more!
December 19, 2010
Artists connected with CIA captured 11 of 22 total awards given by the Cleveland-based Community Partnership for Arts and Culture (CPAC).
Five CIA faculty members and four alumni are among 20 Cuyahoga County artists who will each receive $20,000 fellowship awards and additional support services from the Cleveland-based Community Partnership for Arts and Culture (CPAC).
“These wonderful CPAC awards for our faculty and alumni speak volumes about the influence of CIA on the culture and economy of our region,” said CIA President Grafton Nunes. “These artists contribute in very tangible ways to the vibrancy of Greater Cleveland and the national arts culture.”
The CIA-connected winners of CPAC’s 2011 Creative Workforce Fellowships are listed below. Read their biographies here (PDF).
- Dean of Faculty and Professor Matthew Hollern, jewelry and metals. Prof. Hollern’s work is included in the collections of the Smithsonian American Art Museum, The Vatican, DesignMuseo Helsinki, The Ohio Crafts Museum and others. He is a co-founder of Cadlaboration, an inter-institutional collaboration established to foster education and substantive collaboration among artists working with digital technologies.
- Professor Kasumi, T.I.M.E.-Digital Arts. Prof. Kasumi has won global acclaim for her video art in venues from Lincoln Center and Carnegie Hall, to festivals in Iran, the Slovak Republic, Turkey, Japan, Korea, Romania, Italy, Germany, Mexico, Holland, France, and England. She recently won the Vimeo Award for Best Remix.
- Professor William Brouillard, ceramics. Prof. Brouillard’s collections are represented by more than 15 centers, including The Cleveland Museum of Art, The Detroit Museum of Art, and the Tokyo National Museum. He has also won numerous grants and awards, including an Excellence in Design Award at the American Craft Museum, The Cleveland Arts Prize for Lifetime Achievement, an Ohio Arts Council Grant, Individual Excellence award, and a McKnight Artist Fellowship.
- Professor Brent Kee Young, glass. Works from Prof. Young’s Matrix series of flame-worked strands of clear glass have been acquired by five major museums: the Smithsonian Museum of American Art, Renwick Gallery; Museum of Fine Arts Boston; Museum of Fine Art Santa Fe; The Toledo Museum of Art; and the Cleveland Museum of Art. Prof. Young is the recipient of a Cleveland Arts Prize, an award from the Ohio Arts Council, and a National Endowment for the Arts purchase award.
- Adjunct faculty member Sai Sinbondit, drawing and foundation. Mr. Sinbondit holds a BFA in painting and printmaking and a master’s degree in architecture. He has exhibited his artwork nationally in museums and galleries and works as an architectural designer at Bostwick Design Partnership.
- Jonathan Wayne ’88, photography
- Michael Romanik ’89, drawing
- Brian Andrew Jasinski ’99, graphic design (now called communication design)
- Niki Smith ’09, drawing; technical assistant, foundation
Two more award winners, Stephanie Craig and Douglas Max Utter, each previously taught at CIA for one year as adjunct faculty members.
A total of 310 craft, design, media, and visual artists went through a two-part application process. For further information about CPAC and the fellowship application review process, go to cpacbiz.org. Or read about this year's awards in The Plain Dealer.
For more information about this or other CIA news, contact us here.
Sharpen your artistic skills at CIA's Pre-College Program this summer.
Nicky Nodjoumi and Dinner by Design exhibitions
CIA welcomes spring with two very different shows opening on March 28.
Cores + Connections
Learn more about CIA's proven method for academic and professional excellence.