May 16, 2013
Scholarships Fund CIA Grads' Travel Dreams
May 03, 2013 @ Arts Collinwood in Cleveland, OH
Biomedical Art Exhibition
May 16, 2013
Plain Dealer Reports on the Groundbreaking of the New Gund Building
May 20, 2013
2013 Student Summer Show
about 4 hours ago via Facebook
Be sure to check out the 2013 Student Summer Show, which presents the best of this year's BFA Thesis exhibitions as well as a selection of work presented by CIA's sophomores and juniors. Open through August 2. More event details available at http://ow.ly/ldgbi.Cleveland Institute of Art: Class of 2013vimeo.comwww.cia.edu
May 09, 2013
Four High School Students Awarded in CIA's National 2D3D Art + Design Contest
May 31, 2013
Cinematheque to Present Two Parallel Comedy Film Series
May 02, 2013
Performance Art at MOCA Cleveland
July 24, 2009
Construction crews spent June and July 2009 renovating major parts of the McCullough Center, especially its heating and cooling systems.
It’s been a busy summer at the Institute’s Joseph McCullough Center for the Visual Arts, where considerable progress has already been made on our enormously important campus modernization and unification project. Construction crews are renovating the McCullough building, which was originally built in 1914 as a Model T Ford assembly plant. That facility, which the Institute has now owned for a quarter of a century, will serve as the core of the new, unified campus. But first it needs to undergo major repairs and updating, particularly to make its heating and cooling systems more effective and energy efficient and to better utilize existing space within the building.
Toward those ends, over the last two months:
• Air handling units have been installed on all four floors
• Three 200-ton capacity centrifugal chillers have been moved into place
• A cooling tower has been placed on the roof
• Four hot water heating boilers have been moved into place to keep the building warm during the winter months
• Three domestic hot water heating boilers have been installed to supply the building’s hot water
• Installation of duct work has been initiated; in some areas, temporary duct work will be used to assure cooling until permanent duct work can be put in place
• The east and north sides of the building have been power washed to help refresh the appearance of the historic building
• Masonry repairs on the east and north sides of the building are well underway, which will safeguard against the infiltration of water into the building and prevent the recurrence of leaks
• Multiple layers of existing roofing have been removed and a new rubber membrane has been installed, held down by heavy river-bed stone, to prevent leakage from the roof
• The third floor has been extended out over the Sculpture area (which used to be two floors high), thus creating nearly 5,500 square feet of new space that will be used for instructional and studio purposes as well as for installation projects (shown in picture)
• The large first floor space, formerly leased to the Social Security Administration, is being transformed into six academic classrooms and a new home for the Academic Writing Center
—Courtesy of David Deming, President of The Cleveland Institute of Art
For more information about this or other CIA news, contact us here.
Cores + Connections
Learn more about CIA's proven method for academic and professional excellence.
Sharpen your artistic skills at CIA's Pre-College Program this summer.
Deposit Today to Reserve Your Space this Fall
Freshmen are encouraged to deposit as soon as possible!