Fall Open House: November 11
Register here.

Blog . Slow Shutter Cam App

Slow Shutter Cam App

10/25/16  |  Posted by LeAnn Troutner  |  Posted in Digital Creativity

Have you ever seen those photographs that are beautiful blurry images of motion. These images can be hard to get just right but thanks to an app called Slow Shutter Cam it is possible to take images with your mobile device and capture these beautiful moments.

This app is easy to use and can get the results you are looking for. Treat the app like the camera app but while capturing the image the app will give you time to move the camera or move what is being captured by the camera.

The one downside I have found is this app does cost 1.99$. In my opinion it is a small fee for an app you can use at any times. I was introduced to this app for a Design II project where we were supposed to capture movement and create an abstract sculpture. While I was never good at creating sculptures I was able to get two friends to rehearse dance moves together and capture their movements. The images were great and I am sad that I cannot find them at this time to add to the post.

This app is fun and great joy. Capturing motion in image form can be difficult but if you can use your camera phone you can use this app to get those moments.

0