It's not too late to apply
Get started here.

Blog . See My Lion Sketch in Procreate Come Alive!

See My Lion Sketch in Procreate Come Alive!

09/17/13  |  Posted by Vanesa Jeric  |  Posted in Digital Canvas - Apps & Accessories

Lion Sketch Using Procreate

Procreate is a drawing/painting application that came installed on the iPads given to all incoming students at the Cleveland Institute of Art. I used Procreate to do a little painting of my own to try out the new export video function!

How I started...

I started the base layers by plotting values with my fingers, putting the whites and blacks on separate layers. The application allows up to 16 layers with blending modes. When I am happy with the placement of color, I will merge the layers down by double-tapping the layer and choosing "merge down."

The Final Touches

I start adding fine details when I am done using the smudge tool to blend colors. For the whiskers and hair, I used a stylus to have more control over the lines. I love the ability to change the brush attributes like in Photoshop, I was able to make some pretty realistic hair playing with the options for the "Old Brush."

How to Export Video

Tap on the wrench icon and with the "Share" icon selected, at the bottom is an option to "Export Video." Export the video to your photo gallery, email (if it's small enough!), Dropbox, or iTunes. Procreate will still record the painting even when exiting the app and returning to it.

2