Search
View full story vmsdcia3.jpg

story

Apr 23, 2014

CIA grads win 25% of nation's top retail design honors

View details CIA's Traveling Sketchbooks make a last stop at MOCA

events

Mar 15, 2014 @ MOCA Cleveland in Cleveland, OH

CIA's Traveling Sketchbooks make a last stop at MOCA

View full story geemay.jpg

story

Apr 17, 2014

Design major gets zombie's reception at her former school

View details Dinner by Design – Art of the Table, and a runway show

cia exhibition

Mar 28, 2014

Dinner by Design – Art of the Table, and a runway show

View Link

social

about 3 hours ago via Facebook

The game design industry is constantly evolving, and CIA’s students are on the edge of the newest technologies and gaming tactics. This weekend, the Great Lakes Science Center will host our students for the Game Design Spring Show, as they present their amazing work. The exhibition reception is tomorrow, Apr. 25, from 1-3pm. Click below for more details.

View full story mcpbrianbendisfinalrmuller414.jpg

story

Apr 16, 2014

Alumnus and superhero comics writer Brian Bendis visits CIA

View details The Accident: Recent Work by Nicky Nodjoumi

cia exhibition

Mar 28, 2014

The Accident: Recent Work by Nicky Nodjoumi

View full story abbeyblake.jpg

story

Apr 15, 2014

Students win $11,000 in Dealer Tire art competition

View details 2014 Spring Illustration + Animation Show

cia exhibition

Apr 22, 2014

2014 Spring Illustration + Animation Show

View details picresized1396640639citizenkane2.jpg

blog

Apr 22, 2014

4/24-27: Bernard Hermann weekend with CITIZEN KANE, MARNIE & more!

View full story princeton-reviewcopy.jpg

story

Aug 20, 2013

CIA named one of the "Best in the Midwest"

View details 2014 Spring Design Show

cia exhibition

Apr 22, 2014 @ Museum of Contemporary Art Cleveland in Cleveland, OH

2014 Spring Design Show

Blog . Testimonials

Testimonials

08/23/12  |  Posted by Vanesa Jeric  |  Posted in Digital Creativity

Has your iPad been helpful in your creative process, including rough sketches, photographic documentation, writing down ideas, etc. If so, can you give us an example? "For one of my finals about 99% of my video recording was done with my iPad. The iPad has great video quality and it was better than dragging a camera all around."-Malcom Moorer Has the iPad been helpful with organization, scheduling, note taking, or reminders? If so, can you give us an example? "I think it has. I never took notes before, but now that I have an iPad with me at all times, I have tons of notes from Art History, Comp, Design, and my SLC meetings. I also use it to keep my schedule updated and have my appointments straightened out."-Nolan Beck Has your iPad been helpful in your creative process, including rough sketches, photographic documentation, writing down ideas, etc. If so, can you give us an example? "I use the iPad for reference when I go to sketch something. It helps me document details I may need for my creative process. I also use the iPad to take photographs which I later doctor in Photoshop."-Christina Blaschke Has your iPad enabled you to bring digital technology out of the lab and into the real world? Have you done any projects outside of the classroom or even outdoors, where the iPad was helpful? "With a particular project where a quick gathering of information was necessary, the iPad allowed me to take quick photos and videos and compile them together in an orderly fashion without any hassle."-Sabrina Thi Has the iPad been helpful with organization, scheduling, note taking, or reminders? If so, can you give us an example? "I use my iPad in my art history classes to take notes and record lectures which I can refer back to later. I also use the calendar to stay organized."-Katie Lewis Has your iPad been helpful in your creative process, including rough sketches, photographic documentation, writing down ideas, etc. If so, can you give us an example? "I use the camera frequently to document work after critiques and the Pages app to take notes. Also, the Brushes app is an awesome sketching tool and a nice way to quickly bring organic marks into designs and artwork. It's nice to be able to quickly email myself work."-Jillian Bernot Has your iPad been helpful in your creative process, including rough sketches, photographic documentation, writing down ideas, etc. If so, can you give us an example? "I've used the Paint app to draw out thumbnails for final pieces. I've taken screen shots of pictures that I wanted to reference for some detailing and drawings. I've also used the PopLite app to graph my ideas in webs, that way I can focus on the project more thoroughly."-Oscar Gresh Has the iPad enabled you to do something quickly that saved you on a deadline? Tell us about it. "The ability to use layers in the Brushes app has saved me many times. I am able to use this feature to place an invisible layer over a picture that I have taken and trace the background before I add different features."-Patricia Bowes Has your iPad been helpful in your creative process, including rough sketches, photographic documentation, writing down ideas, etc. If so, can you give us an example? "I have used it several times in researching and obtaining photo references. The Brushes app has also served as my digital sketchbook for concepts and ideas."-Damario Fair Can you give us an example of classroom use of the iPad that you found interesting or helpful? If so, tell us about it. "In Digital Color the first semester, we had to go out into the city and find examples of color. We then had to photograph them using the iPad and bring them back to class. Everyone put their iPads in a circle and we talked about the photos."-Alexandra Greathouse Has your iPad enabled you to bring digital technology out of the lab and into the real world? Have you done any projects outside of the classroom or even outdoors, where the iPad was helpful? "In the Charette classes, we are required to create a documentation log. The iPad is helpful in keeping track of my progress with its capabilities to record and edit photos, videos, and sounds."-Luke Walser Has the iPad been helpful with organization, scheduling, note taking, or reminders? If so, can you give us an example? "It's my go-to device for note taking. I would really like to use it more for organization. I actually still use a physical sheet of paper for organization. I love being able to go on the Schoology site at any time and read the assignments."-Jarrod Davis Can you give us an example of classroom use of the iPad that you found interesting or helpful? If so, tell us about it. "In the classroom, I can take notes for my classes in the Notes app and sketch thumbnails in the Sketchbook Pro app. When finished taking notes or thumbnail sketching, I can save the documents and reference them the next time class meets."-Matt Braun Has your iPad enabled you to bring digital technology out of the lab and into the real world? Have you done any projects outside of the classroom or even outdoors, where the iPad was helpful? "I have gone to the Botanical Gardens, museums, and other areas outside of class sand home where I can utilize the iPad in videos, photos, music, and non-wifi applications."-Victoria Lopez Can you give us an example of classroom use of the iPad that you found interesting or helpful? If so, tell us about it. "In Design One, we had 3 groups of people take different pictures of an assigned color RGB. Then we put our iPads on a black backdrop and played our pictures and it made the color wheel."-Akeem Pennicooke Has the iPad enabled you to do something quickly that saved you on a deadline? Tell us about it. "The Pages app is so quick and easy it's gotten me through multiple papers. If I need reference pictures for a project, or to show my drawing process of ideation sketches, the iPad allowed me to get those things done faster."-Jacob Simonson Has your iPad been helpful in your creative process, including rough sketches, photographic documentation, writing down ideas, etc. If so, can you give us an example? "The iPad is perfect because it can go everywhere with me. Since it's not much bigger than a notebook, I always have it at hand whenever I see something inspirational so I can quickly snap a photo or type out an idea."-Katelyn Petronick Has your iPad enabled you to bring digital technology out of the lab and into the real world? Have you done any projects outside of the classroom or even outdoors, where the iPad was helpful? "In my Collaboration and Community Charette course, we had to explore various parts of a line segment through University Circle. Taking photographic evidence, stop motion of time passing by, and recording sounds from my outdoor location were great ways to collect evidence and aided in the creation of my final thesis."-Maria Rouzzo

0