View full story creativefusionartsrobertmullerciaphoto1114.jpg

Story: Nov 24, 2014

Artist-in-residence Chi-Yu Liao appreciates CIA reception

View details Fall 2014 Exhibitions

CIA Exhibition: Nov 07, 2014

Fall 2014 Exhibitions

View full story madesurrealvictoriabest4041.jpg

Story: Nov 15, 2014

Students capture two of the top prizes in museum's surreal d...

View details The Art of Designing Everything

Events: Dec 01, 2014

The Art of Designing Everything

View Link

Social: about 4 hours ago via Facebook

Register today for a public panel discussion on Monday, Dec. 1, that will explore the lives and works of Massimo and Lella Vignelli, designers of everything, fr...

View full story dsc92052.jpg

Story: Nov 04, 2014

New CIA building taking shape; set for December completion

View details Student Holiday Craft Sale

Events: Dec 05, 2014

Student Holiday Craft Sale

View full story bestregmidwest.jpg

Story: Aug 18, 2014

CIA again named to "Best in the Midwest" list

Blog . Fluid Automata

Fluid Automata

04/19/12  |  Posted by Keri Svoboda  |  Posted in Digital Canvas - Apps & Accessories

The idea of being able to morph someone's face into a blob of nothingness is always calming to the nerves as we approach the end of the semester. Fluid Automata is an interesting application that allows the users to temporarily destroy a photo, live video, or preset to create unique and beautiful works of unrecognizable artworks. This app rather reminds me of the Windows Media Player visualization option for your music. It's interesting to see an application that gives that freedom back to the user, but I don't find it extremely creative or unique. Fluid Automata, Live Video Streaming (2011) from Angus Forbes on Vimeo. There are some huge pitfalls in this application! The biggest pitfall is how it caused my iPad to crash 3 times before locking me out of my iPad by making my screen totally unresponsive. I even had to take it to the CIA IT department to get it fixed. Upon receiving my iPad back, I promptly deleted this application from my iPad to prevent further problems. Another seems to be that it it nearly completely live and you can't save videos of what you're doing, only pictures. I give this application a barely 1 out of 5. I have to be honest here. This app is not very creative, rather boring, incredibly overly buggy, and not very responsive, despite the multiple sliders that show up on the screen. I would not recommend this app to anyone who values the shelf life of their iPad or has anything else to do. I researched other users' experiences with this application and found that I am not alone in my thoughts. I truly believe that this application would be much more enjoyable if it worked and my opinion would be nearly completely changed. But overall, it goes without saying that I hated this app, unlike any other app I have ever seen or reviewed before. For those of you who hate Apple and want to risk destroying your equipment, the link to purchase Fluid Automata is below.To hard restart your iPad, hold down both the home button and the button on the top of your iPad until it shuts itself off. Fluid Automata in iTunes - $1.99

0