Search
View full story pcroppedbarryunderwoodfnlst211.06.jpg

story

Jul 23, 2014

Professor's productive year saw exhibitions, acquisitions, residencies, travel, and press

View details 2014 Student Summer Show

cia exhibition

May 19, 2014

2014 Student Summer Show

View full story -4ea84d4f1e62596d.jpg

story

Jul 22, 2014

CIA grad's iconic monument to be rededicated

View details 60 Looney Tunes cartoons coming to the Cinematheque

events

Jul 05, 2014

60 Looney Tunes cartoons coming to the Cinematheque

View Link

social

about 18 hours ago via Facebook

Assistant Professor Jimmy Kuehnle recently performed a test run of his giant inflatable sculpture, which will soon be installed in the Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art in the exhibition “State of the Art: Discovering American Art Now,” in CIA’s parking lot. Read more in this article from The Plain Dealer.

View full story rmblueblockparty2.0panoramafinalstatecopyrightrobertmullerhi.jpg

story

Jul 22, 2014

Thursday night concert series rocks CIA's neighborhood

View details 2014 Faculty Exhibition Opening Reception

cia exhibition

Aug 28, 2014

2014 Faculty Exhibition Opening Reception

View full story cc32.jpg

story

Jun 25, 2014

Cuyahoga County unveils county seal designed by CIA student

View details 2014 Faculty Exhibition

cia exhibition

Aug 28, 2014

2014 Faculty Exhibition

View details 2YG1IseZGkU.jpg

blog

Jul 28, 2014

Brasslands (2013) trailer

View full story princeton-reviewcopy.jpg

story

Aug 20, 2013

CIA named one of the "Best in the Midwest"

View details Fall 2014 Open House

events

Nov 15, 2014

Fall 2014 Open House

Blog . Fluid Automata

Fluid Automata

04/19/12  |  Posted by Keri Svoboda  |  Posted in Digital Canvas - Apps & Accessories

The idea of being able to morph someone's face into a blob of nothingness is always calming to the nerves as we approach the end of the semester.  Fluid Automata is an interesting application that allows the users to temporarily destroy a photo, live video, or preset to create unique and beautiful works of unrecognizable artworks.  This app rather reminds me of the Windows Media Player visualization option for your music.  It's interesting to see an application that gives that freedom back to the user, but I don't find it extremely creative or unique. Fluid Automata, Live Video Streaming (2011) from Angus Forbes on Vimeo. There are some huge pitfalls in this application!  The biggest pitfall is how it caused my iPad to crash 3 times before locking me out of my iPad by making my screen totally unresponsive.  I even had to take it to the CIA IT department to get it fixed.  Upon receiving my iPad back, I promptly deleted this application from my iPad to prevent further problems.  Another seems to be that it it nearly completely live and you can't save videos of what you're doing, only pictures. I give this application a barely 1 out of 5.  I have to be honest here. This app is not very creative, rather boring, incredibly overly buggy, and not very responsive, despite the multiple sliders that show up on the screen.  I would not recommend this app to anyone who values the shelf life of their iPad or has anything else to do. I researched other users' experiences with this application and found that I am not alone in my thoughts.  I truly believe that this application would be much more enjoyable if it worked and my opinion would be nearly completely changed.  But overall, it goes without saying that I hated this app, unlike any other app I have ever seen or reviewed before. For those of you who hate Apple and want to risk destroying your equipment, the link to purchase Fluid Automata is below. To hard restart your iPad, hold down both the home button and the button on the top of your iPad until it shuts itself off. Fluid Automata in iTunes - $1.99

0