It's not too late to apply
Get started here.

Blog . The Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore

The Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore

03/06/12  |  Posted by Keri Svoboda  |  Posted in Digital Canvas - Apps & Accessories

Joe Bluhm is recognized by CIA for his Award-Winning Film http://www.cia.edu/CIANOW.aspx?id=6795 It is clear why this short film won the Animated Shorts Cleveland Intl Film Festival Award... and now, an Academy Award!  Without a single word ever uttered, this short film brought me to tears in the middle of work (both the first and second time I watched it).  The animations are well-done, and the suspense, whether it's extreme or gentle, kept me not wanting to do anything else until the film was finished. The team used everything an animator should do effectively: color, exaggeration, timing, emotion, and music (sound). Without giving the story or the ending away, I can say that this is one of the best short films I've ever seen, able to compete with big name animators like Pixar and and Dreamworks.  Although, in my opinion, this short film packs more intellectual meaning and humanity than I've found in a majority of mainstream films.  I watched it twice before I truly understood all of the meanings behind each and every element of this piece (being someone who gets the whole story the first time).  This short film incorporates a lot of hidden meanings in the environment if you know a little art history as well.  For example, the architecture on the building sports an owl, a symbol of both the folly of man, but also great learning. Watch the animated short on YouTube Well done Joe, you've got an award-winning film in your pocket with Moonbot Studios.  From looking at Moonbot Studio's history, it is clear that you, Joe, are a fantastic artist, worthy of recognition.  Even just looking at the team on YouTube, it seems that everything is like clockwork.  Your illustrative work with Humpty Dumpty in this film is especially touching and well-animated. Moonbot Studios team The video for "The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore" is online, but you can download the app in the iTunes store - $4.99 The book has interactive features not available in the movie, such as playing on a virtual piano.

1