It's not too late to apply
Get started here.

Blog . Spring Break

Spring Break

03/09/12  |  Posted by Stephanie King  |  Posted in Student Blogger

Hey everyone, Hope everyone survived midterms. Now you can take a break because it is Spring Break. YEAH! I finished my taxidermy Fox Squirrel. Now I just need to come up with a good name for her. I was thinking of either Betsy or Shelia. I am still not sure what I will name her I am still deciding. If anyone has any suggestions I am open to anything. I mounted her on a piece of drift wood so it looks like she is crawling down a tree trunk and it can hang on a wall. The squirrel is drying in my apartment for a couple of weeks with pins in her. The pins are used so that the skin won't shrink around the eyes, mouth, and also I used them to set the feet in the correct spot on the wood, so it looks like she is gripping the wood. She looks like she is having acupuncture. Next we are going to taxidermy chipmunks. I am very excited. Spring Break will be a lot of fun. I am going to Orlando and Miami in Florida for spring break. It is supposed to be really nice in the lower 80's and sunny. I will be working on my BFA project while I am down there, but I hope I get a lot done before I leave on Monday. Hope everyone has a great spring break and don't work to hard.

0