It's not too late to apply
Get started here.

Blog . The Road To The Red Carpet

The Road To The Red Carpet

02/28/12  |  Posted by Angela Daley  |  Posted in Student Blogger

Sunday night, the 26th I was invited to attend The Road to the Red Carpet. Basically, the event was a party to watch the Oscars and network with other artists in the Cleveland area. When I arrived, I got to walk down the red carpet and see the beautiful venue and surrounding area. It was great and the staff that worked the event were wonderful. There were so many people there. Some were business owners, film directors, and producers. I really enjoyed learning a lot about networking that night. I made a few contacts while having fun at the party. Watching the Oscars was a first for me, I was surprise at how funny is was and how many times they asked "And who are you wearing?", it cracked me up. The Cleveland Film Foundation hosted the event. The film foundation, for those that did not know, was responsible for getting the Avengers to be filmed in Cleveland. Their company is non profit and very small of about 4 or 5 staff. But they were able to promote themselves and start to bring revenue to the city. Hats off to them for succeeding at such a feat! One of their purposes is to bring in culture, art, and music to the Cleveland area. They try to create new opportunities for inspired people, much like my self.

0