View full story crop3ericalevin.jpg

Story: Nov 18, 2014

New film studies prof helps students appreciate film as art ...

View details Fall 2014 Exhibitions

CIA Exhibition: Nov 07, 2014

Fall 2014 Exhibitions

View full story madesurrealvictoriabest4041.jpg

Story: Nov 15, 2014

Students capture two of the top prizes in museum's surreal d...

View details Student Holiday Craft Sale

Events: Dec 05, 2014

Student Holiday Craft Sale

View Link

Social: a day ago via Facebook

Registration opens on Monday, Nov. 25 for the Cleveland Institute of Artís 2D3D national art and design competition for high school students. There are 13 cash ...

View full story dsc92052.jpg

Story: Nov 04, 2014

New CIA building taking shape; set for December completion

View full story unknown.png

Story: Nov 03, 2014

New Uptown Residence Hall featured in CIA video

View full story bestregmidwest.jpg

Story: Aug 18, 2014

CIA again named to "Best in the Midwest" list

Blog . Floorplans, Simple, Good

Floorplans, Simple, Good

02/23/12  |  Posted by Keri Svoboda  |  Posted in Digital Canvas - Apps & Accessories

Okay future interior designers of CIA, you have presented the DCI with a challenge: What about interior design?† Where is there an app for us on the iPad? Great news: your floor planning is almost done already! Floorplans by Emil Chaski is an app that allows designers to do the architectural tedious work that starts a spacial project and makes it fantastic. I looked at a lot of other apps that dealt with interior design, and a lot of complaints for the other programs were that they did not function as they promised.† There were a lot of lost time over faulty memory or non-functional 3D in other applications.† This, of course, could be blamed on the iPad lower processing power than traditional PC's.† But the makers of these apps should have foreseen the limited power problem, and you can't really blame the iPad for the faults of the app makers.† Floorplans is not like the rest.† Although Floorplans does not have a 3D option, it does work more efficiently without the constant worry of iPad crashes. Unlike other apps, Floorplans allows you to create rooms with more than just 4 walls as well by using a 'draw wall' option. †This means that you can create circular rooms almost as easily as triangle rooms. †Other options in this app include a collection of structures, furniture, and labels that you can drag and drop onto your digital design.† This app also has the option to label the length and width of the rooms, just like a real floor plan! Did I mention the sharing options?† Like many other apps, you can share the app with other users who own Floorplan for a collaborative house designing feel.† Other sharing options are sending a PDF or a JPEG, which I assume will be sent to your Camera Roll for emailing clients or friends. Home remodeling professionals have left comments in Floorplans' app store commentary about how efficient this program is as a testament to its usefulness. I find that even though I am not remodeling my house (not to my design anyway), I still want this app. †Finding ways to arrange space in a pre-planning space might help me better plan the 12-square foot of free space that occupies my room. For this reason, the fact that it actually works, the efficient and great response time from the maker, and it's easiness to use, this is another 5 out of 5 app. Such a great app demands a high price though.† Floorplans, as a complete app, is $24.99 Floorplans in iTunes - $24.99

1