Campus Connection information session: Oct. 16
See more event details here.

Blog . What the Font?

What the Font?

11/01/11  |  Posted by Keri Svoboda  |  Posted in Digital Canvas - Apps & Accessories

What the Font? is an app that helps users find the font types that they take pictures of. I found that this application, as the video says, is not very helpful because it doesn't work very well. Though I did not have issues with focusing like the iPhone version does, there are other, similar problems that are tied to this application. For example, many times, the application cannot accurately identify the letters that the user takes a photo of, especially if the text is on a bend or is in perspective. This means that the user has to go through all of the incorrect guesses that the application has for the letter and correct them. Then, when everything has been typed in, the application has a list of fonts that resemble the letters of the original user picture. But in my app, the fonts never showed up, and just remained as a square box with a question mark in the middle. Do I think that this application is useless? No. I think that the list of possible font types is helpful to a point. But it's not entirely accurate, and the lack of font images prevents the user from seeing if the font is really alike or if it's just an error. I think that this application has a lot of potential and is a good application to download for students and iPad users who work with text a lot. However, since it only works so rarely, I'm forced to give this application one out of five points in my useful category. What the Font in iTunes - FREE