Admissions . Contest . How to Upload Your Work . Overview
How to upload work
Uploading Your Artwork
Reviewing the column at right, there are a total of four categories that include Visual Arts, Design, Digital Arts, and Craft. Those categories include 14 subcategories, or more specifically art and design disciplines.
Enter One Category Only
You can only choose to submit artwork within one category. For example, if you choose the Visual Arts category, then you can only submit up to four JPEG files of drawings, paintings, prints, or sculptures. The same rule applies to the Design and Craft categories, as well. However, please note that if you submit artwork to the Digital Arts category that you may only choose to upload work for one of those disciplines (Animation, Illustration, Photography, or Video/Film) as different upload procedures apply to each.
We wanted to keep it simple and have made the upload requirements the same for most of the disciplines. With the exception of Animation and Video/Film, all other disciplines require that you upload 1-4 JPEG files of your work.
Please note that you must register for the contest and submit your artwork at the same time.
Entry requirements do allow participants to work together on projects. See the 'Collaborative Projects' section on the Competition Guidelines page to learn more about how prizes are structured when there is more than one participant working together on one or more entries. For collaborative projects, the Participation Agreement and Release Form must be completed and uploaded to the registration form.
Unless you're submitting content for the Animation or Video/Film cateogry (see below), you will be required to upload images of your artwork using our artwork upload feature.
- Whether the artwork you're documenting is scanned or photographed, the final format of the image should be a JPEG file.
- The maximum size for each JPEG is 3 megabytes.
- Keep your files at 72 DPI. Using the dimensions of 11" x 17", your file should come out to approximately 3 megabytes.
Uploading JPEG Images
You can submit up to four JPEG files with our upload tool. Here are some scenarios you may want to consider.
- If the object that you’ve documented for uploading is 3 dimensional (like a sculpture), you may want to provide different view points of the artwork so the judge can make a better assessment. Thus you may want to use the four JPEG files that you upload to represent one piece from multiple angles.
- You may choose to enter one piece of artwork. If the artwork is fairly detailed, you could submit one image of the entire work, and a separate image of a detail that you want to enlarge and highlight.
- You may submit images as part of a series that could number two, three or four. For example your four JPEG files could represent a series of landscapes or photographs.
- Please do not mail us a DVD or storage device containing your digital files. All media should be uploaded directly through the online system.
Uploading for Animation and Video/Film
- Just one video upload is permitted per entry.
- The time limit for the video is five minutes.
- The video should not exceed 350 MB.
- The video must be uploaded to YouTube or Vimeo, and then you must provide the URL in the Video (YouTube/Vimeo) field of the submission form.
- Copyrighted Music: Students cannot use copyrighted music in their work without the permission of the original artist. Students who use copyrighted music must obtain permission from the artist and send it with their submission form. Review our Copyright Release Form, and follow the directions accordingly.
- Appearance Release Form: Students must get consent of any recognizable people who may have been photographed, videotaped, or filmed by completing the Appearance Release Form, and this form must be submitted along with the entry to the registration form.
- Video Entry Agreement Form: Students who submit work to the Video/Film category are required to complete the Video Entry Agreement Form and must submit it along with their entry to the registration form.
The last day to enter was February 6, 2015.
- Graphic Design
- Industrial Design
- Interior Architecture
- Video + Film
- Jewelry + Metals