Admissions . Contest . Guidelines + Category Descriptions . Design Category
The Design Category includes, but is not limited to:
- The term “Graphic Design” often refers to a visual communication and/or presentation using print or electronic media. Various methods are often used to combine words, symbols, and images to create a visual representation of ideas and messages that are designed to reach a target audience. Graphic design can utilize numerous visual aids and media that include typography, symbols, illustration, and photography.
- Examples of graphic design include but are not limited to posters, magazine or book layouts, product packaging, interface design, and web page design.
- Industrial design includes the combination of applied art and applied science to improve the aesthetics, functionality, and usability of a product.
- Examples of industrial design products include furniture, tools, consumer electronics, automobiles, airplanes, healthcare appliances, and shoes to name a few.
- Interior design involves the planning and production of an interior space that is used for living, working, and specific types of activities.
- Examples of interior design include but are not limited to commercial interior spaces such as restaurants, lobbies, boutiques and shops, as well as residential spaces that may include living rooms, kitchens, bedrooms, and bathrooms.
The last day to enter was February 10, 2017.
- Graphic Design
- Industrial Design
- Interior Architecture
- Video + Film
- Jewelry + Metals
Up to four works of art
representing any of the
above art disciplines.