Academics . For Teachers + Counselors . Teacher Workshops
Reconnect with your artistic side and develop new techniques and perspectives that you can take back to the classroom. Cleveland Institute of Art's TEACHER workshops are led by professional artists and designers.
Earn CEU credits, network with other art educators, and enhance your skills in digital arts, craft, design, and fine arts. TEACHER workshops take place one Saturday in the fall and spring of each academic year.
Spring 2017: Workshops on April 22
Select from 5 different workshops:
- Origami Pedegogy for Educators with James W. Peake
- Textile as Tablet: Printing in the Classroom with Mary Urbas
- Storytelling through Narrative Art: Comics and Cartoons with Josh Usmani
- Affordable Acrylic Painting in the Classroom with Sarah Curry
- Frame Building and Wood Shop Introduction with Zak Smoker
- 8:30-9:00am: Check-in and coffee
- 9:00am-12:00pm: Studio workshops part 1
- 12:00-1:00pm: Lunch
- 1:00-4:00pm: Studio workshops part 2
- 4:00pm: Wine get-together + sharing workshop experiences
Download the brochure here for a full listing, descriptions, instructor bios and more. A printable registration form can be found here.
Registration deadline is April 10.
Mark your calendars forFall 2017
- TEACHER workshops on Saturday, October 21
Educators believe in TEACHER workshops
"The class on pastel completely transformed the way I teach pastel in the classroom.”
Carol Stephenson, Middle School Art Teacher, Hathaway Brown School
"This program energizes me to go back into the classroom. I believe every teacher should do this. It shows students that you can learn constantly, and learning doesn’t stop at high school. I display each certificate I receive."
Jan McAndrew, Art Teacher, Lakewood High School
For more information:
216.421.7460 | Contact
Spring TEACHER workshops
Join Us for Art, Food, and Fun!
When: Saturday, April 22nd 2017
Who: K-12 Instructors
April 22, 2017
Our Spring TEACHER workshops offer a wide variety of professional development and art-making opportunities for K-12 educators.