Academics . For Teachers + Counselors . Teacher Workshops
Reconnect with your artistic side and develop new techniques and perspectives that you can take back to the classroom. Cleveland Institute of Art's BASIC/TEACHER workshops are led by professional artists and designers.
Earn CEU credits, network with other art educators, and enhance your skills in digital arts, craft, design, and fine arts. BASIC/TEACHER workshops take place one Saturday in the fall and spring of each academic year.
Fall 2016: Workshops on October 22
Select from 6 different workshops:
- Monoprint Collage Intensive with Liz Maugans (Printmaking)
- Communicate, Design, Execute with Lisa Gruber Gebby (Graphic Design)*
- Encaustic: Merging Layers in Hot Wax with José Paul Sacaridiz (Paitning)
- Introduction to Glassblowing with Shayna Roth Pentecost (Glassblowing)
- Life Drawing in the Classroom with Julie Friedman (Drawing)
- Altered + Assembled Forms with Matthew Pritchardy (Ceramics)
- 8:30-9:00am: Check-in and coffee
- 9:00am-12:00pm: Studio workshops part 1
- 12:00-1:00pm: Lunch
- 1:00-4:00pm: Studio workshops part 2
- 4:00pm: Wine get-together + sharing workshop experiences + hands-on results
TEACHER workshops Fall 2016: click here
Registration open through October 10
Mark your calendars for Spring 2016
- TEACHER workshops on Saturday, April 22, 2017
Educators believe in TEACHER workshops
"The class on pastel completely transformed the way I teach pastel in the classroom.”
Carol Stephenson, Middle School Art Teacher, Hathaway Brown School
"This program energizes me to go back into the classroom. I believe every teacher should do this. It shows students that you can learn constantly, and learning doesn’t stop at high school. I display each certificate I receive."
Jan McAndrew, Art Teacher, Lakewood High School
For more information:
216.421.7460 | Contact
Spring TEACHER workshops
Join Us for Art, Food, and Fun!
When: Saturday, April 22nd 2017
Who: K-12 Instructors
Registration open: through April 10
April 22, 2017
Our Spring TEACHER workshops offer a wide variety of professional development and art-making opportunities for K-12 educators.