Academics . For Teachers + Counselors . Overview
For Teachers + Counselors
Cleveland Institute of Art supports the work of high school teachers and counselors with programming that directly impacts the classroom and helps counselors guide students who are making important decisions on their future.
Spring 2017 classes for K-12 Educators: Saturday, April 22
- Origami Pedagogy for Educators with James W. Peake
- Storytelling through Narrative Art: Comics and Cartoons with Josh Usmani
- Textile as Tablet: Printing in the Classroom with Mary Urbas
- Affordable Acrylic Painting in the Classroom with Sarah Curry
- Frame Building and Wood Shop Introduction with Zak Smoker
- 8:30-9:00am Check-in and Coffee
- 9:00am-12:00pm Studio Workshops part 1
- 12:00-1:00pm Lunch
- 1:00-4:00pm Studio Workshops part 2
- 4:00pm Wine get-together + sharing workshop experiences
BASIC/TEACHER workshops Spring 2017 brochure: click here
Mark your calendars for Fall 2017
- TEACHER workshops on Saturday, October 21
TEACHER workshops: Professional Enrichment
Through CIA’s TEACHER workshops, K-12 educators can participate in seminars that positively affect classroom learning in primary and secondary schools. Read more about the TEACHER workshop Program.
For more information:
Director, Continuing Education
216.421.7493 | Contact
April 22, 2017
Our Spring TEACHER workshops offer a wide variety of professional development and art-making opportunities for K-12 educators.
Summer Teacher Residency
June 19 - 28
Our Summer Teacher Residency offers art teachers a unique studio experience and can be taken for graduate credit through Kent State University.