Academics . For Teachers + Counselors . Overview
For Teachers + Counselors
Cleveland Institute of Art supports the work of teachers and counselors with programming that directly impacts the classroom and helps guide students who are making important decisions on their future.
Workshops, Intensives and Seminars for K-12 Educators
Enrich your studio practice, prepare your students for a career in the arts, or network and gain inspiration for your classroom. Throughout the year, Continuing Education at CIA offers multiple programs designed to give teachers an edge in the classroom and in their own studio. Take a look at these opportunities:
- Teacher Workshops: A one-day cross-curricular intensive held in the spring and fall semesters, open to teachers of all subjects.
- Summer Teacher Residency: A ten-day program for visual arts educators to renew their studio practice and participate in professional development sessions.
- Scholastic Art & Writing Competition: This competition is a great way for students in grades 7-12 to win scholarships and national recognition for their art and writing, complete with an exhibition and ceremony hosted at CIA.
- Pre-College: A two- or four-week residency program for high school students to earn 3 college credits and experience life at a college of art and design.
- Preparatory classes for high school students: Multiple classes offered throughout the year to help students build their portfolios and refine their skills in 2D and 3D art.
- Life Drawing: Weekly pay-as-you-go sessions, as well as special educator and student-focused events.
Scholastic Art & Writing Competition: Online submissions now open through December 11
Summer Teacher Residency: Opens Wednesday, November 1
For more information:
Continuing Education + Community Outreach Coordinator
216.421.7460 | Contact
- OR -
Assistant Director, Continuing Education + Community Outreach
216.421.7461 | Contact
October 21, 2017
Our Fall teacher workshops offer a wide variety of professional development and art-making opportunities for K-12 educators.
Summer Teacher Residency
June 19 - 29
Our Summer Teacher Residency offers art teachers a unique studio experience and can be taken for graduate credit through Kent State University.