Academics . For Teachers + Counselors . Overview
For Teachers + Counselors
Cleveland Institute of Art supports the work of high school teachers and counselors with programming that directly impacts the classroom and helps counselors guide students who are making important decisions on their future.
Summer 2016 classes for K-12 Educators: 2-day workshops on Thursday + Friday, July 28 + 29
Workshops (Courses marked with * are ideal for general K-12 educators)
- Creative Writing with Dan Tranberg (Liberal Arts)*
- Lost Wax Casting with Julie Belfiore (Jewelry + Metals)
- Make Your Mark: Resits + Dyes on Fabric with Jessica Pinsky (Fiber + Material Studies) This workshop takes place at Praxis Fiber Workshop
- MOCA: STEAM, Architecture and the Artistic Process with Nicole Frances Ledinek (Art Education/Curriculum) This workshop takes place at MOCA
- Paper Engineering for Artists Books with Julie Friedman (Book Arts)*
- Photography: Contemporary + Creative Trends with Michelle Marie Murphy (Photography)
- Reinventing Research with Laura Ponikvar (Library Research)*
- 8:30-9:00am Check-in and Coffee
- 9:00am-12:00pm Studio Workshops part 1
- 12:00-1:00pm Lunch
- 1:00-4:00pm Studio Workshops part 2
- 4:00pm (Friday only) Wine get-together + sharing workshop experiences + hands-on results
BASIC/TEACHER workshops Summer 2016 brochure: click here
- Registration open through July 18
Mark your calendars for Fall 2016
- TEACHER workshops on Saturday, October 22
BASIC/TEACHER workshops: Professional Enrichment
Through CIA’s BASIC/TEACHER Program, K-12 educators can participate in workshops that positively affect classroom learning in primary and secondary schools. Read more about the BASIC/TEACHER workshop Program.
NEXT Living Art + Design
For students who are considering a career in art or design, CIA’s NEXT program offers teachers a way to introduce them to the life of an artist or designer. Learn more about this unique full-day program on careers in the arts.
If you have a student interested in art and design, contact us and we’ll provide you with information on portfolio preparation and admissions.
For more information:
Director, Continuing Education
216.421.7493 | Contact
October 22, 2016
Our fall TEACHER workshops offer a wide variety of professional development and art-making opportunities for K-12 educators.