Academics . For Teachers + Counselors . Overview
For Teachers + Counselors
Cleveland Institute of Art supports the work of high school teachers and counselors with programming that directly impacts the classroom and helps counselors guide students who are making important decisions on their future.
Spring 2016 Classes for K-12 Educators: 1-day workshops on Saturday, April 23
Workshops (Courses marked with * are ideal for general K-12 educators)
- 2D Portfolio Themes: Personal + Universal with JenMarie Zeleznek (Foundations)
- Artistic Anatomy with Jennifer Kerbo (Biomedical Art)*
- Game Design Basics with Harrison Walsh (Game Design)
- Origami Pedagogy for Educators with James W. Peake (Sculpture)*
- Pattern and Form, Repeat with Amy Krusinski Sinbondit (Ceramics)
- Photoshopin the Classroom with Lisa Gruber Gebby (Graphic Design)*
- Visual Storytelling with Michelle Sammons (Foundations)*
- 8:30-9:00am Check-in and Coffee
- 9:00am-12:00pm Studio Workshops part 1
- 12:00-1:00pm Lunch
- 1:00-4:00pm Studio Workshops part 2
- 4:00pm Wine get-together + sharing workshop experiences + hands-on results
BASIC/TEACHER Workshops Spring 2016 brochure: click here
- Registration open January 25 - April 11.
Mark your calendars for Summer 2016
- TEACHER Workshops on Thursday + Friday, July 28 + 29
BASIC/TEACHER Workshops: Professional Enrichment
Through CIA’s BASIC/TEACHER Program, K-12 educators can participate in workshops that positively affect classroom learning in primary and secondary schools. Read more about the BASIC/TEACHER workshop Program.
NEXT Living Art + Design
For students who are considering a career in art or design, CIA’s NEXT program offers teachers a way to introduce them to the life of an artist or designer. Learn more about this unique full-day program on careers in the arts.
If you have a student interested in art and design, contact us and we’ll provide you with information on portfolio preparation and admissions.
For more information:
Director, Continuing Education
216.421.7493 | Contact
- OR -
216.421.7461 | Contact
April 23, 2016
Our spring TEACHER workshops offer a wide variety of professional development and art-making opportunities for K-12 educators.