Academics . For Teachers + Counselors . Overview
For Teachers + Counselors
Cleveland Institute of Art supports the work of high school teachers and counselors with programming that directly impacts the classroom and helps counselors guide students who are making important decisions on their future.
Fall 2015 Classes for K-12 Educators: 1-day workshops on Saturday, October 24
- Creative Process for Product Design with Daniel Cuffaro (Industrial Design)
- Designing for Print with Lisa Gruber Gebby (Graphic Design)
- Experimentation in Photography: Abstraction + Projection with Michelle Murphy (Photography)
- Image Exploration with Amy Green (Jewelry + Metals)
- Portfolio Preparation for College Entry & Scholarships with David King (Foundations)
- Visual Storytelling with Michelle Sammons (Foundations)
- Yarn Dyeing with Jessica Pinsky (Fiber + Material Studies)
- 8:30-9:00am Check-in and Coffee
- 9:00am-12:00pm Studio Workshops part 1
- 12:00-1:00pm Lunch
- 1:00-4:00pm Studio Workshops part 2
- 4:00pm Wine get-together + sharing workshop experiences + hands-on results
BASIC/TEACHER Workshops Fall 2015 brochure: click here
Mark your calendars for Spring 2016
- TEACHER Workshops on Saturday, April 23
- Registration open through Monday, April 11
- Course listing coming soon!
BASIC/TEACHER Workshops: Professional Enrichment
Through CIA’s BASIC/TEACHER Program, K-12 educators can participate in workshops that positively affect classroom learning in primary and secondary schools. Read more about the BASIC Program.
NEXT Living Art + Design
For students who are considering a career in art or design, CIA’s NEXT program offers teachers a way to introduce them to the life of an artist or designer. Learn more about this unique full-day program on careers in the arts.
If you have a student interested in art and design, contact us and we’ll provide you with information on portfolio preparation and admissions.
For more information:
Director, Continuing Education
216.421.7460 | Contact
- OR -
216.421.7461 | Contact
April 23, 2016
Our spring BASIC/TEACHER Workshops offer a wide variety of professional development and art-making opportunities for K-12 educators.