Academics . For Teachers + Counselors . Overview
For Teachers + Counselors
Cleveland Institute of Art supports the work of high school teachers and counselors with programming that directly impacts the classroom and helps counselors guide students who are making important decisions on their future.
Fall 2016 classes for K-12 Educators: Saturday, October 22
Workshops (Courses marked with * are ideal for general K-12 educators)
- Altered + Assembled Form with Matt Pritchard (Ceramics)
- Communicate, Design, Execute with Lisa Gruber Gebby (Graphic Design)*
- Encaustic: Merging Layers in Hot Wax with José Sacaridiz (Painting)
- Intoduction to Glassblowing with Shayna Roth Pentecost (Glass)
- Life Drawing in the Classroom with Amber Kempthorn (Drawing)
- Monoprint Collage Intensive with Liz Maugans (Printmaking)
- 8:30-9:00am Check-in and Coffee
- 9:00am-12:00pm Studio Workshops part 1
- 12:00-1:00pm Lunch
- 1:00-4:00pm Studio Workshops part 2
- 4:00pm (Friday only) Wine get-together + sharing workshop experiences + hands-on results
BASIC/TEACHER workshops Fall 2016 brochure: click here
Mark your calendars for Spring 2017
- TEACHER workshops on Saturday, April 22
BASIC/TEACHER workshops: Professional Enrichment
Through CIA’s BASIC/TEACHER Program, K-12 educators can participate in workshops that positively affect classroom learning in primary and secondary schools. Read more about the BASIC/TEACHER workshop Program.
For more information:
Director, Continuing Education
216.421.7493 | Contact
- OR -
Continuing Education + Community Outreach Coordinator
216.421.7460 | Contact
April 22, 2017
Our Spring TEACHER workshops offer a wide variety of professional development and art-making opportunities for K-12 educators.
Summer Teacher Residency
June 19 - 28
Our Summer Teacher Residency offers art teachers a unique studio experience and can be taken for graduate credit through Kent State University.