The Cleveland Institute of Art, a private college of art and design, is seeking a Residence Life Coordinator. This is a 12-month, live-in position, which reports to the Director of Student Life and Housing. The position creates and develops a comprehensive residential experience to residents of a 200-bed residence hall/apartment building on the campus of The Cleveland Institute of Art. As a member of the Student Life and Housing team, the RLC will assist with campus programming, have opportunities to advise student groups, and impact the overall student life program at the college.
Residence Life Program
- Coordinate the selection, training, development, and evaluation of student Resident Assistant Staff.
- Assist the Director of Housing and Residence Life in the continued assessment and development of Resident Assistant Training procedures and curriculum.
- Assist Student Life and Housing professional staff in the development and implementation of Graduate Hall Director training.
- Coordinate the efforts of the Residence Life Staff to offer quality educational, cultural, recreational and social programs in the residence halls using the Residence Life Programming Model.
- Effectively evaluate hall programming.
- Assist in creating and maintaining housing regulations and policies.
- Coordinate Summer Camp/conference scheduling and implementation with other campus offices and outside groups.
- Provide support and guidance to Residence Directors.
- Work to support student staff in areas of roommate mediation and crisis management.
Student Life Program
- Advise campus groups as requested and/or interested.
- Work some evening hours assisting the department in supervising programming.
- Participate in on-call duty rotation including weeknights, weekends, and break periods.
- Collaborate with Facilities Services regarding physical needs of buildings. This includes working with facilities to ensure prompt completion of work orders and building repairs, forecasting larger building needs, and coordinating/advising cleaning staff.
- Work with office staff to project and maintain various budgets within the department.
- Provide leadership and execute protocol in crisis situations.
- Bachelor's degree required. Master's degree in College Student Personnel, Higher Ed Administration, Counseling or related field preferred.
- Previous Housing and Residence Life experience is required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, high degree of organization and attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Be self-motivated, able to complete tasks with moderate supervision and in a variety of environments
- Able to help students develop positive attitudes toward learning and confidence in their ability to learn; and foster students' personal responsibility and accountability for their own learning
- Work effectively with a diverse community
- Maintain confidentiality of records and information
- Weekend and evening work expected.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk up and down multiple flights of stairs.
Send resume with cover letter including salary requirements to:
Cleveland Institute of Art
11610 Euclid Ave
Job Code: RLC
Cleveland, Ohio 44106
No phone calls please.
The Cleveland Institute of Art is an equal opportunity employer, committed to building and sustaining a culturally and ethnically diverse campus environment, and to the principles that promote inclusion.
Visit our website at: www.cia.edu