The Cleveland Institute of Art, a premier private college of art and design, is seeking an executive level assistant to provide high level administrative support to the Chief Academic Officer and the Office of Academic Affairs. The successful candidate will possess the highest level of poise and professionalism, along with an impressive work ethic to act as a strong “right arm” to the CAO.
- Represent the Office of Academic Affairs on faculty-related matters and on Institute committees, and follow up with meeting minutes
- Serve as liaison between Human Resources and Academic Affairs
- Coordinate all faculty-related needs and requirements including contracts and data, searches, orientation, research, etc.
- Coordinate and support collection and dissemination of applications for faculty development, sabbatical, and promotion, etc.
- Take charge of assignments and special projects as needed
- Manage incoming phone calls and assist walk-in visitors and guests as needed
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred and three years administrative assistant experience required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to multi-task on a wide range of assignments, with little or no supervision, in a fast pace environment
- Excellent judgment with a high level of discretion and confidentiality
- Meticulously organized with excellent attention to detail
- Positive, assertive, creative, able to work independently, and anticipate and resolve issues with other staff in the CAO’s absence
- Strong time-management, follow-up, and analytical skills along with excellent interpersonal, oral, and written, and communication and proofreading skills
Review of candidates’ credentials (cover letter w/ compensation requirements & resume) is scheduled to begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Background check authorizations will be required for finalists. The Institute offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package. Compensation is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Specify “Associate to CAO Posting” in all correspondence. No phone calls please.
Subject line: - Associate to CAO Posting
Email to: email@example.com
Cleveland Institute of Art
11610 Euclid Avenue
Cleveland, Ohio 44106
Fax: (216) 754-4077
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Visit our website at: www.cia.edu