About . Careers at CIA
Posted On May 25, 2016
The Cleveland Institute of Art is seeking an Admissions Counselor to join our dynamic team and help shape CIA’s current student body by recruiting promising art and design candidates. This position will play a direct role in the recruitment efforts, travel planning and dissemination of information to students, parents, art educators, and high school counselors.
Primary Responsibilities: Identify, recruit, and enroll prospective students within a designated recruitment area in the United States. Visit high schools and participate in college nights/fairs, and portfolio days as assigned; conduct presentations and personal interviews with prospective students; participate in on-campus events and coordinate offsite regional events in recruitment area; communicate by mail, e-mail, and phone to cultivate and assist applicants, answer questions and provide quality customer service; perform data entry using a contact management system; coordinate and manage additional projects and programs as assigned by supervisor.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
• Extensive recruitment travel and management of a geographic territory
• Represent CIA in a professional manner with the ability to conduct presentations about CIA’s programs and the admissions process to a variety of audiences, including prospective students and parents, school counselors, and high school educators.
• Participate in college fairs and portfolio days, represent CIA at programs hosted by colleges, high schools, and public/community organizations
• Review applications to determine eligibility for admission
• Conduct portfolio reviews, critique and provide feedback or direction for students to meet the admissions portfolio requirements
• Telemarketing and administrative follow up to assist prospective students
• Evaluate recruitment activities and assist in periodic written reports
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
• Bachelor’s degree and valid driver’s license is required
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Warm and genuine personality
• Demonstrated ability and experience in public speaking
• Must be comfortable giving presentations to small and large groups
• Knowledge of or direct experience in art and design and/or in the admissions profession is highly desirable
• Basic understanding of art and design principles and an understanding of career opportunities in all visual art fields
• Ability and willingness to travel extensively from 10-14 weeks in the Fall and three weeks in the Spring
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Ability to work weeknights and weekends as needed
The Cleveland Institute of Art is one of the nation’s leading independent colleges of art and design. Recognizing the importance of the visual arts in society, the Institute strives to make enduring contributions in education, research and service.
Send resume with cover letter, salary history and three professional references with phone numbers by July 11, 2016 to:
Cleveland Institute of Art
11610 Euclid Avenue
Cleveland, OH 44106
Job Code AC162
Fax (216) 754-4096
No phone calls please
The Cleveland Institute of Art is an equal opportunity employer, committed to building and sustaining a culturally and ethnically diverse campus environment, and to the principles that promote inclusion.